Friday 13 June 2014

THE NEW BBM FOR ANDROID: BEST CHAT APP FOR 2014



It all started when my phone started getting slow and I decided to do away with some of my apps knowing fully well that I am a game lover, I pigheadedly started with my other apps leaving my games even those ones I was already done with. I uninstalled my medical dictionary, bank mobile app and was about to delete Badoo when I mistakenly uninstalled my BBM. Gosh, I was like….. all my unanswered messages lost plus the data I would wait having to re-download it again. So I headed over to goggle play and searched for the app. To my greatest surprise, the app I earlier downloaded for 12.67MB was now going for 21.56MB. woah, then I went on to investigate and that was when I found the cause of the hike in size.
The blackberry app for android on the playstore and appstore for the apple users was
upgraded to come with new emoticons/emojis. And when I mean new emoticons, I am not saying about 20 but like 100 new emoticons for bbm users to express their feeling to their friends and loved ones on the blackberry messenger platform.


Another very interesting feature of the new app is that you can now skype *sorry* BBM with other BBM version 2 users. Okay when I said BBM, I didn’t mean the traditional type chatting you all do with the blackberry messengers. I meant you can actually place free voice calls to other android/iphone BBM users free using a wifi connection or your data bundle. Imagine calling your friends with zero credit using just data bundle. That’s smashing great.


Onto the next. Packed into the new BBM is the Glympse software which enables users share their location with friends. This means just as google maps show location/check-in on G+, you can actually search your location anywhere on planet earth and send as an attachment to your friend. So cheating spouses beware. Blackberry don bring out red eye for una.
Also you can integrate your dropbox app with the BBM so you get you pics and files stored on them easily to your friends and also save files from your friends easily on your dropbox. Cloud computing on your mobile device powered by BM in conjunction with Dropbox.

BBM channels. I know most Nigerians are not into BBM channels but for those who are or for new converts, BBM channels allows users chat with other users about topics of common interest. Users can join channels and be involved in a whole range of topics which are available to the users from sports to entertainment.


And finally the new BBM comes with an extended count of BBM group’s members. With the new BBM you can have up to 50 members in a group so you can get more of your friends and families to join into discussions that concern you all.
Okay with all these said I think BBM has tried for you all. I don’t have much to say because BBM has blown me off keyboard. It’s my brother that types at the moment. LOL. See y’all later.


Any problems with the new BBM? Post your problems with the app if any in the comment box below to get immediate attention on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment