Tuesday 5 November 2013

HOW TO REMOVE/WASH-OFF STICKER FROM A SHIRT/FABRIC



Hello everyone, been away for a while sorry for the absence. While I was away, I was battling removing a sticker for a denomination for which I might be lynched at home for if it ever came to the eyes of any of my parents (Mother and pastor alike). So I went online (my usual solutions seeking center) and asked Google how to go about it. And trust Google, came up with different links and I decided to click away to see what they had for me. My high spirits were dampened when I found out all had to deal with chemicals which I either had no money for or would find difficult to get and they were chemicals like (meth-acrylate, strong acids, inflammable gases and so on). Gosh was I whipped? And this was a new type of printing which when I asked about got to know it was “Hot Pressing” So I decided to improvise and do it the Naija style (not really having anything in mind sha).


First of all I got to pulling the area around the paint apart to cause wear and a slight breaking of the rubbery print and started peeling away with my fingers, not only did I get my nail filled with rubbery thingy, I also got to remove about a fingernail-full in an hour- talk about slow.
So I skipped that step and went on to the next thing that came into my head. Boil water to about 1000C and  immerse the portion into water, leave for about 10 minutes and then either peel with your finger or scrape with any jagged edged tool (I suggest peel with your finger because a jagged edged knife such as a bread knife gave my fabric teeny cockroach holes, so you don’t want to make that mistake). But admit it with d time to boil water approx.-15mins, soak approx.-10mins and peel for like 5mins doing the math that would give you like 30mins and that does not even remove a square area of 40cm of the sticker so I decided to go in for the final solution which worked perfectly.

It is called THE KILLER KNIFE APPROACH. In this approach, all you have to do is either put on a stove or candle for Nigerians or find any other heat source and place a metal, Knife preferable over it. It heats up quickly and all you do is dab it against the sticker on the cloth and voila!!! It comes right out (though not totally but out enough to just get it between your thumb and index finger and peel off). Easy peasy, no time wasting, no hot water boiling, no use of dangerous chemicals and not need to get your fingernails hooked on rubber.

Try it an d tell me how it worked for you.

Now for other types of acrylic paint, soak in warm water with detergent and scrub till you eyeballs are streaming or you can go for alum or other available chemicaks 

No comments:

Post a Comment